Americorps positions: Two jobs are available at Cleveland Habitat, and applications are due May 25th. Click here to see how to apply.
Habitat ReStore Director
Wanted: An entrepreneurial spirit with a sense of possibilities. Exciting opportunity to take a resale operation in a metropolitan area to the next level.
Responsibilities: Retail Operations
- Direct the operation of a full-service retail facility and support services including transportation, receiving and shipping.
- Develop and direct a comprehensive outreach program to obtain donations and generate sales.
- Demonstrate and train staff in outstanding service to customers, donors, volunteers and others.
- Establish and maintain relationships with potential and existing donors, including individuals, businesses, community and church groups.
- Develop and communicate key performance measures.
- Ensure ReStore is adequately staffed and operated by Associates with knowledge, skills, abilities and leadership to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Prepare and deliver presentations in individual and group settings to create and expand relationships.
- Effectively manage Habitat ReStore assets to ensure safety of employees, volunteers, customers and others, ensuring that licenses and other required information are maintained.
- Hire, train and manage ReStore Associates in accordance with relevant personnel and safety policies. Work with designated affiliate functions, when required, to address violations of policy including safety, poor job performance or misconduct in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Ensure the appearance and convenience of the retail facility and support services.
- Ensure all personnel understand and can effectively communicate the Habitat ReStore, local affiliate and HFH missions to members of the public.
Required Skills and Experience:
- At least five-years' experience in operations and management; some experience in a retail environment.
- An entrepreneurial spirit with a sense of possibilities.
- Demonstrated experience leading, directing and building successful teams.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills with groups and individuals.
- Experience development/implementing marketing and networking plans.
- Enjoys engaging with a wide diversity of people and organizations.
- Positive, up-beat, affable and morale boosting.
- Experience making sales calls and presentations.
- Demonstrated ability in training, managing, leading and developing staff in a consistent, positive and safety conscious manner.
- Basic computer skills.
- A history of successfully adapting to rapidly changing conditions with unexpected shifts in priorities.
- Commitment to and passion for the mission of Habitat for Humanity.
This position reports to the Executive Director. Submit resume, letter of interest, and salary requirements to:
Review of resumes begins immediately. Only candidates selected for an interview will be notified. Greater Cleveland Habitat for Humanity is an equal opportunity employer.
Americorps Positions Available
Greater Cleveland Habitat for Humanity will be hiring 2 Americorps National volunteers to work in our construction department for the 2013-2014 season.
Construction Crew Leaders (2 positions)
- 46 Week Program
- Living Allowance: $12,100
Educational Award: $5,550
- Healthcare Benefits
- Applications due 7/26/13 (Early Application Strongly Encouraged)
- Click here to apply